You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Thanksgiving’ tag.
I believe I am one of the luckiest souls in this world because I have so much going for me. In remembrance of all the good fortune in my life (and in celebration of this Thanksgiving season), I came up with my top five most grateful aspects and people in my life. I am most thankful for:
5. A challenging and fulfilling career. Some people work to live, and although I don’t necessarily live to work or work to live, I do look forward to going to work most mornings! I am definitely very grateful that I have that luxury!
4. My health. I was fortunate to be born a healthy baby, and I was fortunate to have grown up in a health-oriented family. I am thankful that no major illnesses run in my family, and I am thankful that I am healthy enough to take on the many physical and mental challenges this world has to offer.
3. My introspective nature. I am lucky I met a handful of key people during various phases of my life who taught me that being self-aware is perhaps the greatest gift I can give myself. While it may not seem that way at the time, I am thankful for all the trials and tribulation I went through so far in life — they have definitely made me stronger! I am most appreciate of finally learning that this world is much bigger than my own little world.
2. My awesome friends. I am eternally grateful to have friends who keep me honest while helping me grow spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. I am grateful that I have friends who would move mountains for me or wake up at 3am in the morning to field my distress calls. No words can describe what they mean to me!
1. My family. Growing up, I had a love-hate relationship with my family. But as I got older, I learned to appreciate everything they have ever done for me and to me. They have always been there for me, through thick and thin. It’s as they say, blood is thicker than water. I love you mom, dad, sis, and bro!
And Happy Thanksgiving to all!